PROXIES, PROXY CHECKERS, PROXY RELATED SOFT
and ANON REMAILERS
Why would you want to use a proxy?..check
a few NOTES & TIPS on using proxies:
- when using a proxy, ANY proxy remember that it's usually better not to swim against the current ;-)
as every access is probably monitored in log files.
- DO NOT USE
they are NOT secure proxies, read the
Richard Smith's article
posted on alt.comp.virus.
- for a proxy to be effective, turn OFF ALL
Java, Java Script, Active X and Cookies!
- you can also chain several proxies together- proxy.name.com:8080/proxy2.name.com with the name of the port for the second proxy in the port column (do not forget, proxies are not WWW servers). you can put the proxies in either in the address/URL field of your browser- proxy.name.com:8080/www.URL.you.want.to.visit or inside where manual proxy config is
Sites with Lists of Working Proxies:
Ijs.Co.Nz (and subsequent pages),
wiktor.dk-proxy list.htm , or
for a list of proxies servers by country, go to
list of proxies,
additional software for proxies:
carries the Proxy Hunter, the Proxy Checker, PlooUp, ets
- the a4p shareware will checks the degree of anonimouslity of the proxy you are using,
- the freeware Proxomitron will stop all sorts of info your browsers carelesly tell the outside world, and it act as a proxy too, to set it up, read the
Proxy hunter will find proxies in ANY domain you desire,
- leader.ru-online proxy testers, whois, trace(in russian)
excelent place for proxies, proxy toolz, proxy checkers and MUCH more, or if www.deny.de doesn't work, try
check how anon the proxy you are using really is:
trully anon proxies will NOT show HTTP_FORWARDED or HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR variables, HTTP_FROM will show if they can grab your email address from the browser, HTTP_REFERER will show the page you came from,
to see your IP address quick, type WINIPCFG on the START+RUN
MANY places to visit and find out what they say about YOU AND your proxy, some will say your proxy is secure, some won't, so it's YOUR judgment:
- who.htmlin russian
several links to check to see if yor proxy is really ANON
If the proxy is anonymous, it will see the proxy's IP and the text
"anonym" or "none" in green. if it could see the real IP (Start Button/Run/winipcfg to know it) a little red skull, will appear, so you BETTER look for another proxy.
- tamos cgi
- Tiac.net with Java and Java Script tests, refresh tests, ets,
- Shields UP!-will lists your open ports and tell you your computer name on the Net,
- DQ XodoX,
- the GLR proxy check ,
cavency.virtualave.net-a proxy checker and a list of proxies too!,
and Several Remailers you can use to ANONIMOUSLY
the Freedom Remailer?
the Anonimizer remailer
the encripted version of the above
use this to post text messages to usenet anonimously
open proxies-use at your own risk!
Privada.net (like anonimiser)
The DefCon proxy
to be checked:
learn much more about proxies
I wellcome ANY corections, tips, additions,ets...